All Products Sold on by SoundEngine.com are subject to this license agreement:
Copyright © 1993-2011 SoundEngine.com, LLC
SoundEngine.com digital audio recordings (samples) and synthesizer data banks (programs) are licensed, not sold to users for use in music, film, television or multi-media production only. SoundEngine.com reserves all other rights not expressly granted to you. Unlawfully copying, lending, trading, duplicating, reselling, hiring, uploading or downloading to a database, server, network or otherwise distributing this product is hereby expressly forbidden. Any infringement of copyright will be pursued to the fullest extent of US or International law. All Rights Reserved SoundEngine.com. Breaking of the shrink wrap seal on the product, inserting the product into a CDROM drive, or reception of the product via email, constitutes use of the product. Once used, SoundEngine.com products may not be returned for any reason other than manufacturing defect.
"SoundEngine" ® is a trademark of SoundEngine.com, LLC
This Privacy Statement answers the following questions:
What Information Does SoundEngine.com Gather About You?
SoundEngine.com collects information about our readers so that we can provide a more interesting and useful service as well as more appropriate products and product information. We ask for your name, email address, and other personal information when you register to use certain areas of our Web site, such as our discussion boards and mailing lists, or if you sign up for special or personalized services, such as a subscription service. We also may ask for this information at other times, such as when you enter contests or other promotions sponsored by SoundEngine.com Sometimes we conduct surveys, too, although you don't have to respond to them.
We also collect IP addresses for site security and to help us understand how people use our sites so that we can improve our sites and our users' overall experience. For similar quality reasons, we use a feature known as a "cookie." Cookies contain bits of information that Web sites transfer to your computer's hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can make the Web more convenient by storing information about your preferences on a site. Although we may assign your browser a cookie, it doesn't tell us who you are. Only you can do that. We discuss cookies later in this Privacy Statement.
When you place an order with SoundEngine.com, we need to know the sort of information typically used for credit card transactions, such as your name, mailing and billing addresses (and shipping address, if different), telephone number, and credit card number and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and notify you of your order status. We'll also use your information to contact you regarding your order if necessary. All of this information is encrypted using Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology.
In addition to helping us process your order, we use the information we collect from you to provide you with an enhanced, more personalized shopping experience. We'll also send you occasional discount alerts and notices about products and services that we think may interest you. If you'd prefer us not to send you those notices, simply go to our Email Unsubscribe page and let us know.
Besides cookies, we may also use tiny electronic images (called "single-pixel GIFs" or "Web beacons"), which allow us to count users who have visited specific pages or access certain cookies. We may use single-pixel GIFs in the following ways:
* To count and recognize users.
* To conduct research on behalf of some partners on their Web sites and for auditing purposes.
* To determine aggregate information about users, including demographic and usage information.
* When we send HTML-formatted email messages (messages resembling Web pages that include graphics), we may include single-pixel GIFs to determine which email messages were opened and/or acted upon.
How Does SoundEngine.com Use Your Personal Information?
SoundEngine.com collects personal information to provide you, the user, with the best and most personalized experience possible. In short, by knowing a little about you, SoundEngine.com can deliver more relevant content and product information to you. SoundEngine.com conducts research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information you provide us when you contact us or order, participate in a contest or other promotion on our site, or from our server log files. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. We may also notify you of a product, service, or area of our site that we think may interest you based on the information we've received. If you'd prefer us not to contact you for these purposes, simply go to this page and let us know. Sometimes we ask for personal information when providing special features and services. If you don't want to give us that information, you certainly don't have to, but you may not be able to take advantage of certain products or services. For example, you may not be able to gain access to certain areas of our site unless you register and/or subscribe.
How Do We Use IP Addresses and Cookies?
Your Web browser or email application automatically provides your Internet Protocol address ("IP address") to other computers with which you communicate over the Internet, so that they know where to send you information.
We receive an IP address each time you view one of our Web pages, because the browser automatically reports it to us. We also may store the IP address when you register with SoundEngine.com, send us an email message, or buy something from us.
We may use IP addresses for various purposes, including:
* Diagnosing service or technology problems
* System security
* Sending the most appropriate product and service notices
* Studying how people use our site and how we can improve it
Cookies are used on our sites in the following ways:
* Cookies are used to estimate our audience size and usage patterns. Each browser accessing SoundEngine.com is given a unique cookie, which is then used to determine usage patterns and help us target content and ads based upon user interests.
* When you shop for products or services on our sites, cookies help us keep track of your shopping cart and process your orders.
For more information about cookies, read the CookieCentral.com FAQ.
Will SoundEngine.com Disclose Any of Your Personal Information?
SoundEngine.com will not disclose any personally identifiable information about individual users, except as described in this Privacy Statement. With the few exceptions that we explain here, we do not give, rent, lend, or sell individual information to anyone. Only SoundEngine.com has access to individual accounts. We may also disclose aggregate information (for example, we shipped 763 Kurzweil formatted CD ROMS last year) in order to describe our services to prospective partners, sound developers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
As for individually identifiable information, we may disclose it only under the following circumstances:
* We may disclose information to others when we have your consent.
* If you buy something from us, we will disclose your personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill your order and charge your credit card (if applicable). We may use a fulfillment company to fill and ship your order (excluding products you download directly from our site) and a credit card processing company to verify your card number and process the transaction. For example, when you order a WAV CDROMS with your credit card, we'll need to give your address to the fulfillment house in order to ship the cap to you and your credit card information to the processing company to confirm payment. We may also give your information to a delivery or postal service so they can get your order to you.
* We may disclose personal information in some other limited circumstances, but we will specifically describe them to you when we collect the information, such as in the rules of a contest or a new service. For example, if we're going to give personal information to a contest's sponsor, we'll disclose it when you sign up for the contest, so that you can decide whether to enter.
* We may employ contractors to help with our operations. Some or all of these contractors may have access to databases of user information. These contractors are subject to confidentiality agreements that restrict their use and disclosure of information they obtain through their relationship with SoundEngine.com.
What Kind of Security Measures Do We Take to Protect Your Information From Accidental Loss or Disclosure?
SoundEngine.com is committed to protecting your personal information. We store information you provide us on our secure servers. Further, the information you provide when making a purchase is encrypted with SSL technology.
Will SoundEngine.com Use Your Information for Direct Mailings?
If you register with SoundEngine.com or sign up for or buy any of our products or services, we will send you information about our various products and services, or other products and services we feel may interest you. Only SoundEngine.com or people working on our behalf and under confidentiality agreements will send you these notices. If you do not want to receive such offers and mailings, you can let us know on our Email Unsubscribe page or send snail mail to: Privacy at SoundEngine.com, PO Box 1568, Arlington Heights, IL 60006, USA. We'll remove your name from our lists as soon as we can. Another way is to simply to click the unsubscribe link found in our email messages.
How Do We Respect Children's Privacy?
Our sites are not directed at children under the age of 13. We operate our sites in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from anyone under 13.
This Privacy Statement applies to the operations of SoundEngine.com
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement at any time, but we'll give notice of any material change.
Shipping Policy: We ship Worldwide using the US Postal Service.
Tax: We do not charge sales tax on orders shipped out of state (our state is Minnesota). If applicable, sales tax will be added to your order during Checkout.
Return Policy: We accept returns for defective merchandise. Please contact us if you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason.
Contact: We value your feedback. Please contact us with any questions or comments.
Drag and drop items here